Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pheww!

It's been a busy few weeks since I last posted. Mostly personal stuff, but I attended the NAIS listening Session in CT, got some testimony mailed off to the State for SB376, the MA Anti-NAIS legislation. I couldn't attend because of one of my dog's getting injured, but hopefully we can get more people to send in their opinions. (HINT!)

I've also asked Senator Stephen Brewer, author of SB376 to help develop "farmstead levels" of production for dairy products. He forwarded me the letter he wrote to the Sec. of Ag, Scott Soares, but the more comments to legislators, and MDAR, the better.

The fight against NAIS is building. With the new movie, Food, Inc. coming out, perhaps even more people will take notice. The listening sessions have been very vocal in their opposition, and the new Food Safety Act that is traveling through D.C. has an exemption for direct from farm sales. Maybe that means they're hearing us. Only one way to know for sure - keep saying it!

I'll try to get back more often. Between kiddings, dog problems, family issues, goat shows and farmers markets, it's going to be a crazy summer. If you want me to write more, let me know. I didn't intend this to be a one way conversation. Thanks,

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment